PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Videos

Chris
11-30-2007, 02:36 PM
I decided it really is a good idea to try to get some how-to videos on this site.

So I am soliciting video submissions.

I can pay you $50 for each accepted submission, if you don't want pay thats fine too. Also, this is pretty much the most popular wilderness survival specific website on the Internet, if you do a good job you could end up making videos for actual TV, you never know. Lots of people nowadays are getting their start with Internet video.

You would need a digital camcorder (minidv, check with me on other formats). Then you could either do the filming and import it into your PC and send it to me, or just mail the tape to me and I can worry about importing it. I got a brother who is into video editing so I'd probably get him to trim things up and add titles.

You would want the videos to be clear and concise and as short as possible without leaving anything out.

So for instance if you were going to demonstrate a fire bow you would want to have all your tools & equipment setup around you on a table or the ground or wherever. You'd start filming, introduce yourself, and then describe each piece of equipment, how to get/find/make it, and what it is for. Then you would demonstrate the fire making technique while explaining possible pitfalls/problems/troubleshooting. Once you make fire, you offer any parting tips, video over. If you want to cover another fire making technique, make it a different video.

Mostly the videos should be most similar to cooking videos/shows. at 7 PM on weeknights there is a show on the Food Network called "Good Eats" check it out and pay attention to how he presents things when he does recipes. He has all the ingredients out, he is clear, concise, and informative (if a little goofy). That is what you want (or like Les Stroud when he's doing a demo on Survivor Man)

If you're interested, PM me and let me know. Almost any survival related topic would be great for a video, but you'd probably want to clear all ideas with me first just incase it isn't.

Lorna
07-24-2009, 09:40 PM
Fantastic idea Chris. This forum just keeps getting better and better all the time.