PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Dealt With This Knife Maker?

Rick
11-30-2007, 10:41 AM
Just curious if anyone has dealt/owns any of these:

http://www.edmfknives.com/

Some interesting and some wicked looking knives. Any you know me and my Khurkis

Nativedude
11-30-2007, 09:25 PM
Rick,

I see nothing that tells what kind of steel he uses in his blades. For the listed prices I'm guessing he probably uses 420 or 440 stainless steel. It might be a high carbon steel like a 1095 or something along those lines, but I would check what type(s) he uses first before ordering. Also I did see whee he states that he is 10 to 11 months behind in his orders. That makes me wonder?? :confused:

IMHO, the hand guard isn't very useful in a survival situation, and knives like those strike fear into the anti-gun/knife bleeding-heart zealots and could cause you a lot of grief?! :eek:

These are just my observations and opinions, but I do speak from experience! ;)

Beo
11-30-2007, 10:12 PM
Why is it the "EIGHT DOLLAR MOUNTAIN FOUNDRY" when prices are over $8 dollars :D
Nope never heard of them, tends to have a lot of blades with knuckle guards I don't like that but remember THIS IS JUST MY OPINION so no snitching to them :D ...lol... and also what Nativedude said is waaaaay true and good advise.

Rick
12-01-2007, 05:07 AM
I just happened to run across their web site. Not a huge amount of private blade makers out there so I try to check them out. I'm not a hand guard enthusiast myself. I've not been attacked by too many trees and Nativedude's comment about striking fear is probably on the mark. I did read the 10-11 month comment. Either he's not making very many or he just can't keep up because the demand is so high.

spiritman
12-01-2007, 05:19 AM
is it just me or is 10-11 months is a huge number... do they have a problem expanding their business if they are getting that much? this is just a guess but they charge you up front for your order yeah? So why not use 10 to freaking 11 months worth of money and grow a little?