PDA

View Full Version : Bwcaw

smokingmeat67
11-29-2007, 11:03 AM
Hello ~ Was wondering if any of you have enjoyed the BWCAW. If so, I would love to hear about where you went. (i.e. entry and exit points, lakes and portages.) What you thought. Advice and tips. Problems you ran into. Equipment you brought, equipment you wish you would have brought or left at home. I live in Minnesota and go twice a summer. I just love it and would really enjoy hearing about your visit. Thanks Smokingmeat

Beo
11-29-2007, 03:43 PM
BTW BWCAW stands for the "Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness" for those of you who don't know what it is. And I have been there only once and its great... the best still water canoing ever, the sites are great and its just an all around good time, took all my usual kit: Knife, Hatchet, paracord (5 pieces in 36 in. lengths & 4 cut to 10ft. lengths), Diamond shelter w/sleeping tarp, canteen (gourd), 24x24 inch piece of plastic, tin cup & mess kit, and flint striker. Wanna go again.

spiritman
11-30-2007, 05:20 AM
I have DREAMED of doing that! *drools*

Rick
11-30-2007, 12:41 PM
I have not but have a friend that does. He told me it's getting pretty crowded and the camp sites can sometimes be "hotly" contested. Your thoughts?