PDA

View Full Version : best BOB

xkalifornian
03-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Hello all,

New member here. Can't quite plug in the correct words in the search function to find my answer. I'm looking for the best choice for my car BOB. Alice pack, MOLLE, school backpack, etc. Which is the best choice for a potential long hump and relatively durable?

Thanks, Mark

crashdive123
03-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Hey there Mark. Here's a bit of information that may help us help you. http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7341

Also, with an introduction here http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14 we may be able to give you more relevant advice or tips.

ibosserman
03-08-2010, 12:46 AM
I just picked up an alice pack from the local army surplus store. It seems to be the one pack that I like to use. It has plenty of pockets and is very durable. holds alot of weight too. just my thought.

oldsoldier
05-20-2010, 12:54 PM
IMHO the very BEST BOB is the one you are comfortable with and does what you need it to do. I have one BOB that is in a gym bag type ( overnight) bag. Another that's in the army ACU backpack ( the one that replaces the medium alice pack) Both of them are great. The first one is great as an in vehicle bag, but kinda inconvinent for carrying any distance. The second one is great to carry/wear. But is a little large for in the vehicle all the time. So it IMO depends on how you plan to use it.

Rick
05-20-2010, 02:19 PM
And is this just for you? You and a spouse? A whole family? Do the intro as Crash suggested so we have some idea about you and what you want to use it for.

crashdive123
05-20-2010, 06:01 PM
He hasn't been back to the site since he asked his question over two months ago. I guess he either found his answer elsewhere or had to bug out.

Old GI
05-21-2010, 08:53 AM
I just picked up an alice pack from the local army surplus store. It seems to be the one pack that I like to use. It has plenty of pockets and is very durable. holds alot of weight too. just my thought.

A lot of weight??? There I was, this is no $(^&, a ruck heavier than me ..... oh nevermind.:innocent:

Sourdough
05-21-2010, 09:08 AM
He hasn't been back to the site since he asked his question over two months ago. I guess he either found his answer elsewhere or had to bug out.

Word is he bugged out, but sadly he had the "wrong" bug-out-bag, well the wolves got'ta eat too.

Sourdough
05-21-2010, 11:14 AM

HOW Much weight will it hold......?????