PDA

View Full Version : Shooting Looters (scavengers as sjj calls them)

Sourdough
03-03-2010, 08:34 PM
There is an interesting post today over on http://ferfal.blogspot.com/ about shooting looters, and how families are coming together for safety, but no sleep for 3 days. It might be under "Surviving Argentina". Sorry me not cut & paste. Side Note: Anyone here also post on "Grab the Apple Forum"........????

Ole WV Coot
03-03-2010, 11:39 PM
Well all I read was the "expert" report of how much lead it takes to kill a guy. I need a much bigger magazine since 29 or so 9mm in the chest won't work. That person has to be the dumbest expert that has taken every tall tale off the internet. He only forgot the wooden stake in the heart and the silver bullet

Ken
03-03-2010, 11:43 PM
You mean you don't use silver bullets, Coot? :innocent:

welderguy
03-04-2010, 12:04 AM
Well all I read was the "expert" report of how much lead it takes to kill a guy. I need a much bigger magazine since 29 or so 9mm in the chest won't work. That person has to be the dumbest expert that has taken every tall tale off the internet. He only forgot the wooden stake in the heart and the silver bullet

Im wondering if he is willing to take 1 shot of a 9mm to the chest since 29 or so wont work surly one would just make him laugh.

Sourdough
03-04-2010, 01:03 AM

Not sure what you were reading......? My point was the newspaper story about the looting, and people banding together for protection. The March 3'rd post........????

your_comforting_company
03-04-2010, 07:49 AM
if it takes 29 9mm bullets to kill a man, you are using plastic toys.

glock 22 .40 cal with 10 hollowpoints will do the trick. goes in the size of your pinky and comes out the size of your fist. If that won't stop them, they are obviously zombies and you should start running. I'm no expert on zombies but I'm not wasting ammo trying to kill them... I'm just gonna gtfo!

Rick
03-04-2010, 09:41 AM
You have to be one tough hombre to withstand 55 rounds in the chest.....with anything. I'm really surprised at that post. I like FerFAl. He usually has some really good things to say and some great posts.

Sourdough - I guess it's all relative. I don't know where these folks live. The guy says he lives in a humble, working class neighborhood. I'm not sure what that means. The article says the guy sent his family to a gated community so there are areas where it's obviously safe....or safer.

I can take you to places in the city where I would not live today. I sure wouldn't want to live there after that kind of earthquake. It's also a humble, working class neighborhood (several actually). That would not happen where I live. The first time someone got robbed or a house got looted it would be open season on them. Indiana's castle law makes it real handy to protect yourself.

The up side to that post is that folks were banding together for protection. I happen to believe that's the majority and the minority are the looters.

Sourdough
03-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Would someone help me........when I click on the site that I posted it takes me to a News Paper story, and there is nothing about .9MM in the story.

Rick
03-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Scroll down. You'll see the post. It's actually below the story you wanted folks to read. It's related...sort of. Look for the Center Mass Myth story.

Ken
03-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Would someone help me........when I click on the site that I posted it takes me to a News Paper story, and there is nothing about .9MM in the story.

The article is much further down the page.

Triggernometry

The "Center Mass" Myth and Ending a Gunfight

Sourdough
03-04-2010, 09:54 AM
OK, Now I see. I sent you to read the March 3, post. and your reading something someone else posted on March 1'st.

Rick
03-04-2010, 09:56 AM
It's kinda like herdin' cats ain't it?

Ken
03-04-2010, 09:57 AM
Or geese? :innocent:

Sourdough
03-04-2010, 10:08 AM
It's kinda like herdin' cats ain't it?

Yes, it seems that men are so worried about if there "TOOL" is big enough, or if the diameter is large enough, is it powerful enough. That they would rather rehash a 200 year controversy, than a discussion about what it is like to be attacked by looters 24 hours a day, and what that is like physiological, and psychologically, to be up for days defending your family. OK, back to worrying about your tool being big enough.

rwc1969
03-04-2010, 11:18 AM
.... goes in the size of your pinky and comes out the size of your fist. If that won't stop them, they are obviously zombies and you should start running. I'm no expert on zombies but I'm not wasting ammo trying to kill them... I'm just gonna gtfo!

..that cracked me up. think I'd just gtfo too.

Ole WV Coot
03-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Not sure what you were reading......? My point was the newspaper story about the looting, and people banding together for protection. The March 3'rd post........????

Sorry bout that, guess I lead and everyone followed. That one I commented on was the one that really jumped out at me. Nut jobs get my attention in print, read it all but I commented on the craziest one.:blushing:

Ken
03-04-2010, 02:39 PM
What does "gtfo" mean? :innocent:

I can't find it here: http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8038&highlight=abbreviations

Rick, would you please add "gtfo" to your list? :)

2dumb2kwit
03-04-2010, 02:43 PM
What does "gtfo" mean? :innocent:

I can't find it here: http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8038&highlight=abbreviations

Rick, would you please add "gtfo" to your list? :)

I was trying to decide if it was "go off", or "get out".:blushing:
(I'm pretty sure I know what the TF stands for.) LOL

Rick
03-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Freeloader.

It's "Get The Freeloader Out". As in "Throw the Bum Out" or "Get Out" for short.

Tripwire
03-04-2010, 03:51 PM

Do we get a secret decoder ring too?

Ken
03-04-2010, 04:00 PM
Do we get a secret decoder ring too?

Yep! But you have to send in 10 UPC labels and $99.95 for postage and handling.

Mail it to:

Wilderness Survival Forums
Attention: Q.C. Department