PDA

View Full Version : chat room?

U.S.Marine2111
11-27-2007, 01:02 AM
How about a WS chat room? Where we can BS in real time? I know a lot of other forums have something like that.

NorthWindTrails
11-27-2007, 01:08 AM
I'd like to see this one ... any other takers? (BTW, Marine ... Semper Fi!) NorthWind

MCBushbaby
11-27-2007, 02:11 AM
Yea why not? We seem to be on at the same time on a regular basis and I'm sure we could alleviate some thread congestion with a little chatroom.

HOP
11-27-2007, 09:52 AM
I like chat roms I go to paltalk for one outdor site I go to it does take commitment by some one to pay for the room and open and close it.

Beo
11-27-2007, 09:59 PM
Yeah sounds good, but Chris could just sound for mics and earphones here. :D

Chris
11-27-2007, 11:59 PM
There are a few reasons why its not a great idea.

1. It'd be impossible to moderate being all real time, some neerdowell could really abuse it.

2. Being real time, it could potentially suck down quite a bit of bandwidth making the site slower.

U.S.Marine2111
11-28-2007, 01:34 AM
There are a few reasons why its not a great idea.

1. It'd be impossible to moderate being all real time, some neerdowell could really abuse it.

2. Being real time, it could potentially suck down quite a bit of bandwidth making the site slower.

I can understand the bandwidth issue as being a viable problem, a slow forum is really terrible. However a moderated chat room, not so much, I'm on, or have been on various forums, from Jeeps, to military forums and they have chat rooms with no moderation. If one member gets out of hand everyone just ignores him or leaves, and by in large few people ever do. There are of course the trolls, but rare in my experience.

Beo
11-28-2007, 12:42 PM
I'm with chris, sides don't wanna hear any whiners coming into the forum :D uhhh someone laugh at my thoughts, jk :D