PDA

View Full Version : fishing/traping gear VS food

warman87
11-26-2007, 07:20 PM
i personaly would rather take 3 days of vacuum packed munchies and more signalling stuff and more water tabs than fishing and traping stuff cuz fishing/traping takes time i wana get out asap...
what yall think about that piont of view?

trax
11-26-2007, 07:23 PM
I'm of a mind that you can take both. Fishing and trapping gear can both be very lite-weight and easily packed along, it's also really nice to have a full belly while fishing and trapping.

SemperParatus
11-26-2007, 07:43 PM
I'm of a mind that you can take both. Fishing and trapping gear can both be very lite-weight and easily packed along, it's also really nice to have a full belly while fishing and trapping.

I'm of a mind to agree with Trax,but,,,,,I think it was posed as either/or. If it has to be one or the other I'd rather have the tools to eat indefinitely than all the food I could carry.

Rick
11-26-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm with them Warman. I think you can have both but will take the tools for the long haul.

trax
11-27-2007, 01:29 PM
I'm of a mind to agree with Trax,but,,,,,I think it was posed as either/or. If it has to be one or the other I'd rather have the tools to eat indefinitely than all the food I could carry.

Yeah, I guess I was just questioning why it would be either/or...but if I had to choose I'd go with the tools to harvest food.

Canadian-guerilla
11-28-2007, 11:04 AM
maybe take 1-2 days of ready food
until you can see what is edible in your immediate area