PDA

View Full Version : expedition---a dream or a reality

corndog-44
11-25-2007, 12:03 AM
Has anyone dreamed or have actually gone on an expedition trip?

Ever since I was a kid I had wanted to go on an Amazon River Expedition. A small boat exploration expedition trip to the remote regions with around 6 other people. Visiting and maybe living with Indian tribes along the Amazon River. Still a dream.

Nativedude
11-25-2007, 01:29 AM
I've been on primitive living and survival expeditions in Australia, Peru, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Mexico, Yukon Territory, BC, Nova Scotia, and a few others.

Australia was my fav. followed by YT, NS, and BC.

I'm not much for the jungles. I do not like hot weather. I love the snow!! :D

owl_girl
11-25-2007, 01:35 AM
I've been on primitive living and survival expeditions in Australia, Peru, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Mexico, Yukon Territory, BC, Nova Scotia, and a few others.

Australia was my fav. followed by YT, NS, and BC.

I'm not much for the jungles. I do not like hot weather. I love the snow!! :D

I’m jealous.

Sarge47
11-25-2007, 01:38 AM
Just came back recently from an expedition to the Mall in Schamburg, Il. Man that sucker's huge. 2nd largest mall in the world. Got my Buck Multi-tool there.:rolleyes:

MCBushbaby
11-25-2007, 01:49 AM
My dream is to spend a month or more in the Alaskan/Canadian wilderness. 50+ miles from the nearest road/town.

Nativedude
11-25-2007, 02:06 AM
My dream is to spend a month or more in the Alaskan/Canadian wilderness. 50+ miles from the nearest road/town.

Come on up Mitch. . .I'll show ya around my digs!! ;) I'm 110 miles from the nearest town! :eek:

nell67
11-25-2007, 05:58 AM
Just came back recently from an expedition to the Mall in Schamburg, Il. Man that sucker's huge. 2nd largest mall in the world. Got my Buck Multi-tool there.:rolleyes:

Wow Sarge! That must have been rough!!!

FVR
11-25-2007, 10:02 AM
I hate the jungles almost, almost as much as I hate the malls. After spending close to two months in the jungles of Panama, not that fond of them. It's not like they show on tv, you're always wet, if not from sweating then from the rain. At night the skeeters, scorpions, and little freak'n bats drive you crazy.

As a young teenager, my dream was to hike across Canada to Yellowknife. I made up an equipment list, plotted on the map my route, ahhh a greenhorns dream. My dream expedition is basic, a horse, a pack mule, pre 1840's gear into the Rockies for elk.

Sarge47
11-25-2007, 11:34 AM
Wow Sarge! That must have been rough!!!

I'll say, I forgot & left my credit card at home!:rolleyes:

trax
11-26-2007, 12:17 PM
I'll say, I forgot & left my credit card at home!:rolleyes:

Boy, that Sarge, there's a man who knows how to rough it. I've done 4 and 5 day canoe trips up north where we were totally away from anything in civilization. I've always wanted to check out other environments and try something similar.

nell67
11-26-2007, 12:20 PM
Boy, that Sarge, there's a man who knows how to rough it. I've done 4 and 5 day canoe trips up north where we were totally away from anything in civilization. I've always wanted to check out other environments and try something similar.

I dont know trax,I have been to one of those mall places before,and it is definatley a hostile invironment,not so sure I am ready for that again,but if your that brave then go right ahead!

Beo
11-26-2007, 12:44 PM
I'm with Mitch, but my dream is to spend the rest of my life in the Alaskan/Canadian wilderness. 100+ miles from the nearest road/town. :D Man can't wait.

MedicineWolf
11-26-2007, 02:38 PM
Beo, your wife's ethnic, you make her go or leave her she'll cut you long-deep-and continuesly :D I know Michele, she'd gut you bro.

trax
11-26-2007, 06:36 PM
I dont know trax,I have been to one of those mall places before,and it is definatley a hostile invironment,not so sure I am ready for that again,but if your that brave then go right ahead!
I believe that, I think I'd have to learn the language of the locals before I ventured in to such a place. I only meant I wanted to try similar trips to my canoe trips but in different environs, I'm not as brave as Sarge, trying a mall!! :eek:

nell67
11-26-2007, 06:42 PM
I believe that, I think I'd have to learn the language of the locals before I ventured in to such a place. I only meant I wanted to try similar trips to my canoe trips but in different environs, I'm not as brave as Sarge, trying a mall!! :eek:

Me either LOL they scare the he** out of me!

trax
11-26-2007, 06:46 PM
I just fear the day when we have to send in a search and rescue team to find Sarge, he's just so da** reckless!!:D :D

nell67
11-26-2007, 06:56 PM
I just fear the day when we have to send in a search and rescue team to find Sarge, he's just so da** reckless!!:D :D

Yea I think mext time he goes in we should be standing at the door holding on to his attached lifeline,so we can yank him outta there when the going gets to rough!

Sarge47
11-26-2007, 07:11 PM
Yea I think mext time he goes in we should be standing at the door holding on to his attached lifeline,so we can yank him outta there when the going gets to rough!

You guys kid, but That mall is so big it's split up into two very large sections. One part is across the road from the other. Believe it or not, I did get turned around in there and lost my bearings for awhile. It's the 2nd largest in the country, the 1st largest up North in Owl-Girl's or Mitch's area. The largest one I've ever been in was in Toronto, Canada. And those lady shoppers?!!! My word, give me a good old Black Bear any day.:rolleyes:

nell67
11-26-2007, 07:13 PM
You guys kid, but That mall is so big it's split up into two very large sections. One part is across the road from the other. Believe it or not, I did get turned around in there and lost my bearings for awhile. It's the 2nd largest in the country, the 1st largest up North in Owl-Girl's or Mitch's area. The largest one I've ever been in was in Toronto, Canada. And those lady shoppers?!!! My word, give me a good old Black Bear any day.:rolleyes:
Yea and this time of year makes them even meaner (the lady shoppers I mean)!

trax
11-26-2007, 07:15 PM
I wasn't kidding. I feel way more at home by a campfire listening to wolves sing than I do in any urban environment listening to shoppers whine.

nell67
11-26-2007, 07:20 PM
same here trax,give me the great outdoors anyday.