PDA

View Full Version : Sharpening a Cold Steel Bushman

COWBOYSURVIVAL
02-24-2010, 03:30 PM
I am working on a new sheath and decided I wanted to use my Bushman to cut it out. It needed sharpening as I have continually abused it ever since I got the #2 pass around knife, I just can't quit testing it since I bought mine. Anyhow i found it hard to sharpen the edge back to the razor edge it was purchased with. My solution....I blued the edge, this allowed me to follow it perfectly with my Arkansas Blue Stone. Now it is ready to cut out a sheath! I can' t say enough about this knife though, it has taken a beating and now looks new. I also redid the capsule in the handle. I had used a wine cork at the base of the handle and a boat plug in the butt end. Well the plug kept flying out during heavy chores. I changed it out for some toilet bowl "tank to bowl bolts and rubber washers" works alot better!

Ole WV Coot
02-24-2010, 05:04 PM
You mentioned something lots of folks don't know about, using even a magic marker to mark the edge line. I have done that draw filing a blade to get it very close to polish condition. On a taper it's a necessity.

COWBOYSURVIVAL
02-24-2010, 05:12 PM
You mentioned something lots of folks don't know about, using even a magic marker to mark the edge line. I have done that draw filing a blade to get it very close to polish condition. On a taper it's a necessity.

Most anytime I get a response from Coot...I know I am on the right track! Yes sir it works real good~! Almost finished with the one eyed sheath! I am quite pleased with it!