PDA

View Full Version : Confused

tennecedar
02-23-2010, 09:42 PM
I've been gone from the forum for some time now. Upon returning I was wanting to catch up on some posts I had missed. I got really bummed out after a dozen threads with all the " you're gonna be banned " talk. Every other thread has a threat of banning someone. Is this just banter among friends or what? Cause I've read more than one thread where another person was just banned. Does this happen all the time? What in the world has happened to the forum I used to know? I don't know how the forum expects to grow with such harsh back and forth posts. A new person to the forum would certainly notice if I did.

RangerXanatos
02-23-2010, 09:49 PM
Some of it is banning. But a lot that you see is probably between Ken and 2dumb2kwit which is just a lot of boyish flirting between each other. :innocent:

crashdive123
02-23-2010, 09:54 PM
I've been gone from the forum for some time now. Upon returning I was wanting to catch up on some posts I had missed. I got really bummed out after a dozen threads with all the " you're gonna be banned " talk. Every other thread has a threat of banning someone. Is this just banter among friends or what? Cause I've read more than one thread where another person was just banned. Does this happen all the time? What in the world has happened to the forum I used to know? I don't know how the forum expects to grow with such harsh back and forth posts. A new person to the forum would certainly notice if I did.

Usually the talk of banning is just banter. Especially if it comes from Ken 2D2K or Rick. If a member needs to be banned, they are generally warned - usually by private message. If warnings are not heeded, then there is really no fanfare - they're just gone. I'd guess that in the last several months about 100 "bannings" have taken place, and that about 97 of them were spammers.

klkak
02-24-2010, 07:36 PM
You say "Ban" like its a bad thing.

owl_girl
02-24-2010, 08:15 PM
they usually dont ban people that they dont like but rather laugh them off the forum. or become a mob of sarcasm.

crashdive123
02-24-2010, 08:20 PM
Oh lordy - if not liking somebody was the criteria...........

Rick
02-24-2010, 09:04 PM
they usually dont ban people that they dont like but rather laugh them off the forum. or become a mob of sarcasm.

Someone has tampered with your Cheerios haven't they?

owl_girl
02-24-2010, 09:18 PM
lol maybe.