PDA

View Full Version : Coyote POT PIE....Calling predators for dinner....????

Sourdough
02-21-2010, 07:27 PM
I have been selected for "Re-Education"........by Myself. I'm thinking that at some point coyote and other predators might taste OK, if there were no other options. My experience has been with Mouth Calls. I lost interest when I started calling in more bears than foxes.

To the Point: I am thinking I need a Fox Pro remote caller, and thinking the CS-24 might work. Any one have experience with this or other state of the art electronic calling equipment.

Rick
02-21-2010, 07:46 PM
If you're calling foxes and bears show up I'd try a high pitch. Of course, if I were calling foxes and a bear did show up I'd automatically HAVE a higher pitch.

SARKY
02-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Bear is tasty! I've had the best results by staking out a bunny in a caged pit. The coyotes spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to get to the critter and the bunny then makes more noise which attracts even more coyotes.

Camp10
02-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Well, I cant say I've ever thought to eat a coyote. I hunt with a friend that has a very good call (dont know the brand) and it works very well. I think we average a coyote about every 5 or 6 sets with his gear and probably a coyote every 9 or 10 sets with my mouth calls.

Ole WV Coot
02-22-2010, 12:17 PM
I have an old cassette of a rabbit being tortured I guess. Anyway I also have an old battery player that I place about 50yds away kinda hidden in a little brush. Works great, so it's probably illegal.

klkak
02-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Dave I have and older FoxPro. It works pretty good. You just have to be patient with your learning curve.

canid
03-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Works great, so it's probably illegal

ain't that always the way?

Huntress
03-14-2010, 09:15 AM
Never thought about eating a coyote but the pot pie sounds yummy!! :)

Pict
03-14-2010, 10:41 AM
Put a kitten in a bird cage and hang it just out of reach. Back off a ways and wait. Mac

Huntinfool
03-15-2010, 04:27 AM
I have an old cassette of a rabbit being tortured I guess. Anyway I also have an old battery player that I place about 50yds away kinda hidden in a little brush. Works great, so it's probably illegal.

No it's legal in WV and KY I believe not sure on the latter but sure about WV! But I'd have to be starvin to eat a yote most the ones I've killed smelled something awful!

~HF~

Justin Case
03-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Sure it was the "Yote" ? ours are pretty clean around these parts ,, just sayin,,