PDA

View Full Version : "new" trigger mechanism

huskymill
02-15-2010, 08:17 PM
i was just messing around with some paracord while i was watching tv today, and i was tiing some different knots and stuff and i stumbled across what i think would make a really good trigger for a trap of some sort but im not sure what type of trap it would be good for and there are many other designs that would probably work better. just thought id show you guys and see what you think. also im guessing someone else has probably done this before too, there are only so many different ways to tie knots.
the first two pics are of the load baring cord, the third pic shows both the load baring and the trip line. the trip line is tied in a looped slip knot, as you can see in the forth pic the load cord is folded and put into the center of the slip knot. the slip not is then tightened and then you will have two loops, one is the load cord the other is the trip cord.

huskymill
02-15-2010, 08:22 PM
then the load cord is put around a stick or peg that has been secured to the ground, and tightend around it. the trip cord is then pulled to a point that it is almost undoing the slip knot and acored. when the slipknot comes undone it releases the load cord and thats where im not sure what happens, you could have a dead fall, or something like what rambo used in first blood lol.

ps. sorry for the low quality photos, my camera isnt the best.

huskymill
02-15-2010, 09:06 PM
sorry i posted prematurely ive noticed some problems with it and have corrected them ill put the pics up when i take them.

--------
ok just uploaded them. as you can see the same slipknot is used. instead of going around both sides of the cord, it only goes around the knoted end of the cord. this set up will support far more weight then the first one i was talking about.

crashdive123
02-15-2010, 09:13 PM
Nothing worse than a premature trigger mechanism.:innocent:

huskymill
02-15-2010, 10:56 PM
Nothing worse than a premature trigger mechanism.:innocent:

lol good one

huskymill
02-16-2010, 12:32 AM
but hey what are your thoughts on this one? what would it be good for?

crashdive123
02-16-2010, 08:29 AM

It's probably just me, but I cannot see in your pictures how it would work. Maybe if you set it up in real conditions and took a picture from a little farther back I might be able to see it better.

welderguy
02-16-2010, 11:07 AM
I would like to see it in use too, not really seeing how it works in the pictures.

Ole WV Coot
02-16-2010, 12:02 PM
Slip knot would work to spring a trap but it would take a good healthy tug to release it if any substantial weight was used. I really don't see how it would be practical. Come up with something please post it

hunter63
02-16-2010, 01:19 PM
I guess I missing the usefullness and operation of this, as well.
Keep us posted.