PDA

View Full Version : trapping success

wareagle69
02-15-2010, 07:48 AM
so three weeks ago i put out a live trap to capture an injured lynx. at least thats whet the locals were saying in that area, no luck. so yesterday i go pick up the trap and no sooner get home when i get a phone call about and injured bobcat,snare wire trapped around body, so i was pretty sick so i layed on the couch and watched the 500 and the wife set the trap, an hour later she had the little bugger in the trap-she out fished me last year, now she out traps me.
so we took him to the wild at heart centre and this am the vet will remove the snare, i got a very close look at this little guy and the snare was not tight, but another awesome wildlife encounter for me, mrs eagle will be in there this am assisting, hopefully i can be involved in the release to i can study its tracks, very small guy am waiting on the measurements but i will assume it is this years kit, i am guessing about 20lbs but will add to this when linda gets the perticulars

Rick
02-15-2010, 09:04 AM
What kind of snare did it get caught in? Sounds like the snare might have been pulled loose?