PDA

View Full Version : Light weight folding reflector oven

IA Woodsman
02-11-2010, 07:41 PM
I don't have any pics of my oven but I did make a video. Since last fall I have used this to make cakes, brownies, biscuits, and muffins. It is real easy to make and use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66mdWpXzInA

Trabitha
02-11-2010, 07:54 PM
LOL! "I don't know, stay in school!" Great video! I saw something like that a while ago and thought it could be as simple as you made it. Just didn't have as much motivation as you, I guess. Ha! I'll have to see if I can get one together now! I know how to cook with a dutch oven, but the weight isn't conducive to hiking. Thanks!

IA Woodsman
02-11-2010, 08:20 PM
LOL! "I don't know, stay in school!" Great video! I saw something like that a while ago and thought it could be as simple as you made it. Just didn't have as much motivation as you, I guess. Ha! I'll have to see if I can get one together now! I know how to cook with a dutch oven, but the weight isn't conducive to hiking. Thanks!

I get a lot of comments on that blurb. Glad you liked the vid.

BENESSE
02-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Great project!!!!
Thanks.
I'm dying to try it.

welderguy
02-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Good instructions Thanks for the video.

COWBOYSURVIVAL
02-11-2010, 09:27 PM
Excellent! design and know how! I'll be makin one. Only one thing I'd change and it probably doesn't matter except I'll be using it alot. I would make the shelf itself out of stainless. I happen to have everything needed for this project and it is a new one for me...Great post!

IA Woodsman
02-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Excellent! design and know how! I'll be makin one. Only one thing I'd change and it probably doesn't matter except I'll be using it alot. I would make the shelf itself out of stainless. I happen to have everything needed for this project and it is a new one for me...Great post!

Thats a great idea, I just might do that to mine, thanks.

crashdive123
02-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Nice job. Well done.

Wise Old Owl
02-14-2010, 12:02 AM
Very cool video

huntermj
02-14-2010, 02:20 AM
Well i just spent the last hour watching your videos And i learned a few trickes i hadnt seen before. Ill be trying them out tommorow. Thanks for the videos and i hope you hang around for a while.
Jim

IA Woodsman
02-14-2010, 08:25 AM
Well i just spent the last hour watching your videos And i learned a few trickes i hadnt seen before. Ill be trying them out tommorow. Thanks for the videos and i hope you hang around for a while.
Jim

Glad you liked them

Canadian-guerilla
02-14-2010, 09:20 AM
you have some nice videos of things on my " to do list " this spring/summer

improving my sewing skills - my sewing doesn't look pretty, but it holds

making cordage - THE PLAN IS to make cordage from a different material each week(?)

in your video - New 3 Carry Option Mora Sheath - is the sewing on the sheaths by hand or machine ?

IA Woodsman
02-14-2010, 10:28 PM
you have some nice videos of things on my " to do list " this spring/summer

improving my sewing skills - my sewing doesn't look pretty, but it holds

making cordage - THE PLAN IS to make cordage from a different material each week(?)

in your video - New 3 Carry Option Mora Sheath - is the sewing on the sheaths by hand or machine ?

Thanks for the kind words. The stitching is done by hand with a awl and needle.