PDA

View Full Version : Attack Geese/Ringneck Pheasant/Killer Peacocks

Sourdough
01-28-2010, 07:55 PM
Woooopie.....The "Murray McMurray Hatchery" catalog arrived today. I need to get the order in for March 15'th shipping. Looks like Swans at $2,250 plus $400.00 shipping per pair, well that ain't happening.

Anyone have any experience with Peafowl.....? What is that huge bird...Emu. Cross breed them puppies with Attack Geese, that should keep the trespassers out......:)

Chris
01-28-2010, 08:53 PM
Why would someone buy a swan? To raise for meat when ducks or geese are just too pedestrian?

On an unrelated note, when I was maybe 13 I caught a swan by the neck... briefly, it was way stronger than I thought it would be.

Boker
01-28-2010, 09:22 PM
Why would someone buy a swan? To raise for meat when ducks or geese are just too pedestrian?

On an unrelated note, when I was maybe 13 I caught a swan by the neck... briefly, it was way stronger than I thought it would be.

That would be the best video ever.

Winnie
02-01-2010, 01:12 PM
Anyone have any experience with Peafowl.....?

Yes. They're nasty, evil, taste like carp(the poo not the fish) go feral at the drop of a hat and make the most unholy racket ALL DAY AND NIGHT! I know, we have a flock of ferals in the woods about a mile away and they could be in my back yard for all the noise they make. Add to that in the breeding season the males will have anything that goes near them, and they will fly at you, going for the face..... thinking about it, they might be just what you need.

Get yourself some Guinea Fowl. Great foragers, good burglar alarms and soooo tasty!

Sourdough
02-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Yes. They're nasty, evil, taste like carp(the poo not the fish) go feral at the drop of a hat and make the most unholy racket ALL DAY AND NIGHT! I know, we have a flock of ferals in the woods about a mile away and they could be in my back yard for all the noise they make. Add to that in the breeding season the males will have anything that goes near them, and they will fly at you, going for the face..... thinking about it, they might be just what you need.

Get yourself some Guinea Fowl. Great foragers, good burglar alarms and soooo tasty!

I still like the idea of Emu crossed with Bengal Tiger, with just a touch of jilted girlfriend at the wrong time of the month.....:angermanagement::angermanagement::tt1:: tt1::eek::eek:

Winnie
02-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Well good luck trying to feed and water them!