PDA

View Full Version : introducing allen "bow" beauchamp

wareagle69
01-24-2010, 10:19 AM
for those of you who don't know of him or read anything about him, you have heard me talk about allen allot here, he is my good freind and mentor
www.allen"bow"beauchamp.com

pocomoonskyeyes
01-24-2010, 10:26 AM
How did your Plant lecture go WE?

wareagle69
01-24-2010, 10:39 AM
depends upon whom you ask, i did not feel prepared enough(ironic eh?) it was in a library setting and i am not a tecky at all, some of these guys do power points and such, but try to fill an hour by talking about plants, sure if you understand plants i could talk hours, but to the general outdoorsman they get lost in it qucikly, this summer i am doing one for my farriers freinds, talking about pasture plants and what could be harmful to your horses, that should go much better.
if i can lead walks in the bush the i can teach much better but to do it in a classroom setting i need to learn more about computers, and i have too many other intersting things to learn about

Rick
01-24-2010, 02:49 PM
But every experience is a teacher. Fix what needs to be improved and capitalize on what went well. I'll bet it was a lot better than you think. We often sell ourselves short. As I said earlier. Tape your preso so you can go back and see what you looked like from your audiences point of view. That's often a great tool in improving.

rwc1969
01-24-2010, 08:57 PM
I was checking out some of his stuff and really like his approach to learning.

As far as the powerpoints you might wanna check this site out. www.GCFlearnfree.org

They offer free video and written tutorials for powerpoint and such. It's fairly easy to learn the basics using just the videos. Office 2007 is pretty user friendly as well.