PDA

View Full Version : Pocomoonskyeyes Re-intro

pocomoonskyeyes
01-13-2010, 03:06 PM
This is my original intro:

About Me... 49 y/o Male originally from the environs of the Okefenokee(has to be the easiest place to survive of anywhere I've ever been),who migrated north looking for work and other stuff. Have always been interested in Survival thanks to reading about mountain men and Native Americans.hoping to rekindle that love and desire to live off the land,(that won't be hard). I'm ex-military who had to use what I know on an occasion or two(never saw conflict in case you're wondering). Was Homeless for about a year or so and again was glad of what I know...(you might be surprised at some of the wooded spots you'd find in a city,I was.)
With the current things the way they are I figured it might not be a bad idea to brush up,and learn more just in case.
I believe that a knife is MORE important than American Express and in the last 5 years have left home without one a maximum of 5 times. It's just the most useful tool ever,it's the basis for making soooo much more. I usually have 2 or 3 on me....Hey does a mechanic use just one wrench?LOL Hope to make some good friends and improve on what I don't know so well.
I have horses and that is an aspect I don't know a lot about in a survival situation and hope someone out there knows something that could help,i.e. emergency food for them.

This was Before the guidelines were put up, so I don't think I did too bad considering. anyway by the Guidelines:

Your Approximate Age 49

Your Gender Male

Your Geographic Location (small town in West Virginia, family ranch in Texas, or the “the Lower East Side”) South Central Kentucky, Town of Glasgow is near and Cave City is North of me, Hiseville is also fairly close. See My location for the Coordinates.That is the Farm.

Your Occupation (present and relevant past, such as military, technical, etc.)
A little over 10 years in the military as an Infantryman,sometimes Airborne! Was a Boat Guide in the Okefenokee Swamp.
Your Prior Relevant Training (all types, such as first aid, military, firearms, survival, etc.) Again Military applies to all except Survival. I started learning Survival skills as a kid,in Boy Scouts(BSA)Mostly from books,and Camping.
Being Homeless at one point also taught me some through the "school of hard knocks"

The Nature of Your Prior Experience (Terrain, Season, Number of times/years, and longest duration in Wilderness)A year and almost a half on the streets of Knoxville Tn. in a patch of woods. Some other shorter durations which are very minor.

Your Level of Experience (novice, intermediate, advanced, expert, instructor, etc.) Not a Novice but not an Expert either. Somewhere in the range of intermediate-advanced.

Your Preparedness Planning (type and level) Working on bug-out and bug-in options.

Your Interests and Hobbies (gardening, wilderness skills, urban survival preparation, knife-making, firearms, food storage, backpacking, etc. ) I am interested in Camping, Wilderness Skills, knives, some gardening,and food preservation. I am a member of no organization except internet Forums and such.

Your Membership and Learning Objectives - I really need to strengthen my First-Aid, and Primitive skills. To try and be a benefit to others that are interested in subjects such as these presented in this Forum.

I think you started something Karl!!

gryffynklm
01-13-2010, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the re intro. I didn't start it, I can't remember who did but there were several several prior to me.

Thanks to the previous and up coming re-intros.

I thought it was a good idea. I have changed a bit since the first intro and so has my focus in regard to survival preparations.

crashdive123
01-13-2010, 04:34 PM
Here's my re-hello and welcome.

Rick
01-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Ditto........

Sarge47
01-13-2010, 04:39 PM
Welcome to the Wolf-Pack! Watch out for the guy named Rick, he's totally nuts.....oh, wait, you already know that! :innocent:

BTW, I really think it's cool on where you got your Survival training! A lot of times people that come on here seem to think that "survival" is a brand new game. They don't realize that it's always been with us & taught by such groups as the BSA! :cool2:

klkak
01-13-2010, 05:13 PM
Hello and welcome

Rick
01-13-2010, 05:18 PM
Watch out for the guy named Rick, he's totally nuts

That's Mr. Nuts to you.

doug1980
01-13-2010, 05:19 PM
Well welcome again.