PDA

View Full Version : Smith and Wesson M&P .40

RCKCRWLER
01-11-2010, 05:31 PM
Anyone have one? Thoughts? Thinking about getting one.

Ted
01-11-2010, 11:32 PM
I have a chiefs speicial .45, and would imagine if the M&P 40 is a newer model thier the same internaly. don't know for sure. I love my 45, when the safteys on the trigger is completly disabled, not just locked,and the first shot is double action so you don't have to cock it to shoot ,or run around with it cocked. I think you'll like it.

glockcop
01-12-2010, 10:50 AM
Anyone have one? Thoughts? Thinking about getting one.

Get it. That is a very fine weapon that is tough as nails and reliable as tax season. I have trained a bunch of guys with that weapon and can attest to it's excllence. A cop can screw up a ball bearing, so if that pistol can take that kind of abuse and neglect, it is a good choice. Damned accurate for a combat weapon too. Great anti rust finish also. BIG magazine capacity is ALWAYS a plus. No such thing as too much money or too much ammo. Very reasonably priced for the value you get. On top of that you get the legendary S&W lifetime warranty. It's a no lose situation. You will enjoy it. Also in that price range is the equally excellent CZ75 or 85. Ditto all of the above for the CZ. This one has a hammer and all steel construction. Just figured I'd offer another option in that price range. Very proven design. We can also not forget about Glocks. I can talk all day about their value to those who carry a weapon in harm's way. I will say no more on the subject for Pal's sake :). Best.

Pal334
01-12-2010, 12:03 PM
Get it. That is a very fine weapon that is tough as nails and reliable as tax season. I have trained a bunch of guys with that weapon and can attest to it's excllence. A cop can screw up a ball bearing, so if that pistol can take that kind of abuse and neglect, it is a good choice. Damned accurate for a combat weapon too. Great anti rust finish also. BIG magazine capacity is ALWAYS a plus. No such thing as too much money or too much ammo. Very reasonably priced for the value you get. On top of that you get the legendary S&W lifetime warranty. It's a no lose situation. You will enjoy it. Also in that price range is the equally excellent CZ75 or 85. Ditto all of the above for the CZ. This one has a hammer and all steel construction. Just figured I'd offer another option in that price range. Very proven design. We can also not forget about Glocks. I can talk all day about their value to those who carry a weapon in harm's way. I will say no more on the subject for Pal's sake :). Best.

aah,, go ahead, I am in a good mood today :)

RCKCRWLER
01-12-2010, 01:36 PM

Thanks for the responses.

Thanks glockcop. (I was anticipating your response!) I was actually talking to an LEO friend of mine and he was trying to sway me to the glock 9. I picked the M&P up at the store the other dayand it felt good in my hands. Wherever I pointed the sights were always lined up. I will look into the CZ75 as well. I also like the thumb safety they have on the new ones. I know your finger off the trigger is safety enough but I am just one of those guys that likes a safety on my weapons.
Thanks again

glockcop
01-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the responses.

Thanks glockcop. (I was anticipating your response!) I was actually talking to an LEO friend of mine and he was trying to sway me to the glock 9. I picked the M&P up at the store the other dayand it felt good in my hands. Wherever I pointed the sights were always lined up. I will look into the CZ75 as well. I also like the thumb safety they have on the new ones. I know your finger off the trigger is safety enough but I am just one of those guys that likes a safety on my weapons.
Thanks again

Glad to help. I think you will like the CZ too. It all comes down to personal preference. S&W, CZ, Glock.....all great choices. CZ's are available with a safety (carry cocked and locked or hammer down) and with a decock to suit taste. The CZ's also have a grip angle that is very similar to the S&W, Browning High Power, and Sig. Not as abrupt as the Glock's grip angle. CZ's are very quick pointing. Good luck and let us know what you finally choose. With either you will have chosen a top flight weapon. Stay safe, Brother.

RCKCRWLER
01-12-2010, 04:59 PM
10/4 I'll let you guys know. I have to make some more paracord stuff to build up the kitty a bit. Hopefully by next month I will have enough. I've wanted the M&P from the time I saw it aired on American Shooter.:drool:

RCKCRWLER
03-01-2010, 02:07 PM
Well, I went down to the local gun store and ordered one up. Should be here Wednesday!!! I can't wait!!! :clap: Sorry just had to tell someone!

Smith and Wesson is also doing a rebate on their MPs right now. 50 bucks back or two free mags. I went with the mags.

I also ordered the comptac minotaur IWB holster. I'll let you know how it goes.