PDA

View Full Version : emergency kit

wareagle69
01-10-2010, 09:57 PM
so this kit is different than a bug out bag to me, this contains mostly just clothing, for me an "emergency" is lets say a fire at my house or being stranded in town where i need to crash at a hotel or frein or outlaws pad.

so normaly in the travel trailer i keep a weeks worth of clothes and the same in my car. several pairs or socks and underwear-normally brand new all the excess from past christmases, same as t-shirts and pants and sleep pants and sweat shirts and toothpaste brushes razers any hygene products you may need for at least a week minimum.
most importantly i find is footwear, at work i get new work boots every year, still good boots so i keep a few pair around in different buildings same with hiking boots and running shoes several different pair each in there locations
now the most important thing i can talk about is proper storage. one of my favorite winter sweaters was put up in a cupboard in the garage, apparently the mice found it a fav also as a nice whole in the shoulder was chewed out, so make sure you rodent proof your clothing stores.

rwc1969
01-10-2010, 11:27 PM
I have a hygiene kit in a quart sized ziploc. It'd last me well over a week and includes everything needed for hygiene. Deoderant, toothpaste, toothbrush, hairbrush, soap, shampoo, tweezers, scissors, razor, sewing kit. I call it my "can't believe I actually got lucky bag". I keep it in the car usually.

I do have an extra set of clothes and boots/ shoes in my pack, but don't normally carry any in the car. I pretty much have one to two weeks worth of clothes and that's it.

wareagle69
01-11-2010, 07:45 AM
is your pack in the trunk of your car?
this bag can also be called your "get back home bag" if you needed to get out on foot if the roads were closed indefinatly

rwc1969
01-11-2010, 01:02 PM
No! But, I really should have something in the car and at work.

I'm just starting to think about prepping and am far behind the curve.

If I were at school and all hell broke loose, if I couldn't get back home I'd be in trouble.

Rick
01-11-2010, 01:06 PM
I keep a pack in my truck and my car. Nothing quite as extensive as you have I'm afraid. My thoughts, right now, are warmth, water and protection. Each kit has an MRE but I'm more concerned about getting home than I am about having to live some place else. That's because we don't venture too awful far from home. Otherwise, there are substantially more item that go in the vehicle.

jrock24
03-30-2010, 05:48 PM
I just have a couple space blankets in the truck.

Camp10
03-30-2010, 07:26 PM
I keep some extra clothes in my locker at work and in the truck. I also have a hygene kit in the truck and all kinds of other gear. I would hate to have to try to carry the gear in the truck very far though, it isnt packed for carry really.

I'll bet I'm the only guy on the dock that carries two knives, two ways to start a fire, some paracord and a small first aid kit in either his pockets or lunch box though!

minknency
05-31-2010, 06:55 AM
Every one should take their emergency kit together. You may need to survive on your own after an emergency.It means you should have your own food, water, other things which you want.Every one in a emergency kit normally contain a knife, matches, batteries,etc.It is necessary to take medicines also.It's better to carry general-purpose items than specialized equipment.

crashdive123
05-31-2010, 07:06 AM
Every one should take their emergency kit together. You may need to survive on your own after an emergency.It means you should have your own food, water, other things which you want.Every one in a emergency kit normally contain a knife, matches, batteries,etc.It is necessary to take medicines also.It's better to carry general-purpose items than specialized equipment.

Please proove me wrong. I think that you are a spammer out of Mumbai, India, but would love to be proved wrong. Posting an introduction would go a long way. http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14