PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving?

nell67
11-14-2007, 08:48 PM
What are you all having for Thanksgiving dinner?
I will spend 2 days cooking for it and then eat wayyyy too much LOL!

FVR
11-14-2007, 09:21 PM
After 5 years of either traveling up North or having a house packed with travelers from other states, we are staying home! NO visitors welcome.

Will be having the trad. oven baked turkey, sweet patatoes, stuffing, a few of my wifes famous casseroles, home made roles, hmmmmm and a few other things that just make your mouth water.

Will follow this up with pumpkin pie. There will be a fire in the fireplace all day, may even get the family to sit down and watch "The Home Coming," one of my favorite movies.

No football, no hunting, just good ol family fun.

nell67
11-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Sounds good FVR,we are having the traditional dinner too,all homemade we never buy anything already made,something satisfying about doing it all from scratch!
Pumpkin and apple pies plus my favorite cake Red Velvet for dessert,yummy.
Usually put up the Christmas decorations either that evening ar the next day.

MCBushbaby
11-14-2007, 09:35 PM
I'm spending some time with the folks. Already bought a pecan pie but I'm going to have to buy another as I got hungry tonight. :(

Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, cranberries, pumpkin pie, red wine, the works.

nell67
11-14-2007, 09:49 PM
I'm spending some time with the folks. Already bought a pecan pie but I'm going to have to buy another as I got hungry tonight. :(

Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, cranberries, pumpkin pie, red wine, the works.
Dont blame you mitch LOL pecan pie is hard to resist!

Beo
11-15-2007, 10:16 AM
Oven baked turkey, mashed potatoes w/brown gravy, stuffing, sweet potatoe pie,
mac & cheese, corn on the cobb, sweet corn bread and biscuits, salad w/the works in it.
My God I'm gonna stuff myself.

trax
11-15-2007, 01:23 PM
Since no one took me anywhere for Canadian thanksgiving :(, (he's lyinggg...lol) I'll just lurk here in the corners til someone offers to feed me

Sarge47
11-15-2007, 01:36 PM
Since no one took me anywhere for Canadian thanksgiving :(, (he's lyinggg...lol) I'll just lurk here in the corners til someone offers to feed me

I got some Ice Cream....:D

Beo
11-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Come on down bro, always room for one more.

spiritman
11-17-2007, 03:23 PM
Thanks a lot guys! As if I wasn't already hungry enough!!!

nell67
11-17-2007, 03:48 PM
no invitation needed,always room for more at my table!Oh and PLENTY of food!

spiritman
11-17-2007, 05:05 PM
too bad I'm stuck at work then, not to mention the many miles between me and your table

dilligaf2u2
11-17-2007, 05:46 PM
I am going to my Brothers, about 600 miles away, and rotisseries a turkey. TDW and TGF are going along to make sure I do not get lost along the way. With a gazollion stores for them to run rampit in, I will be getting some sleep. Eating too much and watchong movies.

My camp car died last month. Services pending. I talked my brother into giving me his old truck for a reasonable fee. On the way back, I plan on ditching TDW and TGF and going out for some alone time with ugly to a nice quiet area.

The camp will be near Visiea Mountain in Colorado. We will be setting up camp for a few days. See how my pup handles snow camping. If all works well The Girls will not even miss us.

Don

HOP
11-18-2007, 08:31 AM
Traditional fare for me don't have to cook though I live with my Daughter and grankids , if I was living alone I would whip up the traditional thingbs I base all desserts on pecan pie something are worst or better but pecan pie is the scale i use and I will have some but pumkin pie will be there too. Wil get up early and take a good long walk to the local lake mess around in the woods for a while with my dog work up a good apetite (not hard to do for me) and then chow down.