PDA

View Full Version : Bummed about my Baikal .22 over .410

Mountaintrekker
01-10-2010, 06:20 PM
I bought one of those imported by Remington contraptions last year and I've fired about 200rnds of .22LR without a problem and I test fired the .410 once last year and all is well. So we get to shoting some clays yesterday and I'm thinking what a great time to bust out my little foraging gun and get in some good practice. Well... miss fire after missfire, all new Remington shells too. Then I get one to go off and then nothing. Light primer strikes is the problem, so I'm thinking maybe the firing pin on the .410 is off a bit or not cut to length?
Anyone know where to get parts for these things? <sigh> I think I may just go back to putting my 10/22 with Choate folder in my pack.

Sourdough
01-10-2010, 06:23 PM
There is a factory rep in Anchorage, his name is Bill, start there.

Camp10
01-10-2010, 06:35 PM
First check to see if there is any crap behind the pin. If you are comfortable digging into the action, take it apart and I'll bet that there is some gunk back there. I've been through this before.

Mountaintrekker
01-11-2010, 02:53 AM
I'm goign to tear it down when I get a moment this week and degrease everything and put a nice little coat of EEZOX on everythig. I have a feeling it's misfiring due to all the cosmoline in the action and the cold weather. We shall see.

Mountaintrekker
01-11-2010, 02:56 AM
Just curious how you folks are storing your .22LR ammo in your BOB or pack. Original packaging? Plastic bags? Containers?
I tried repacking some Stingers in a 35mm film can, but I didn't fit as many as I would have liked. Comments, ideas?
The original cardboard box without a plastic insert seems the most compact way to do it, but it's not waterproof.

OOps! I guess ignore this and refer to my seperate post on .22LR... sorry

hunter63
01-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Just curious how you folks are storing your .22LR ammo in your BOB or pack. Original packaging? Plastic bags? Containers?
I tried repacking some Stingers in a 35mm film can, but I didn't fit as many as I would have liked. Comments, ideas?
The original cardboard box without a plastic insert seems the most compact way to do it, but it's not waterproof.

Actually never really had a problem keeping .22 dry, water doesn't seem to hurt them much.

Mountaintrekker
01-20-2010, 04:41 AM
Finally got around to taking the gun apart, well mostly apart. There are some things best left together.
I used some breakclean and sure enough, there was some cosmoline and a piece of wood from the stock in there mucking up the works.
She goes bang now!! Thanks for the replies folks.